Our Design Editor is here for you to create custom one of a kind designs you can then have printed to various types of clothing, cups, mouse pads, jewelry and so much more. Below we discuss each section to help you get acquainted with this amazing tool.
Let's look at each menu item you'll find along the left side of your screen: Product, Templates, Layers, Text, Cliparts, Shapes, Images, Drawing
First thing you'll need to do is choose a product you want to work with. Select a tshirt, coffee cup or anything else you'd like to work with to begin your design. After selection, you will see a blank template of the item you chose. Time to start designing!
There are many available templates for you to choose from. Our selection continues to grow and you are welcome to start with a template then modify it as you wish to create your own special look. We even added a search field to help you find the perfect template and also a categories selection tool to aid you in finding that perfect design.
Layers are truly amazing when you are creating a graphic design. If you've worked with other design tools you already know the power of layers, but if not let me help with a brief overview of this powerful feature. Remember making cutout art in school? We would cut out an orange or yellow circle and lay it on our paper to be our sun. Then we would cut out a brown piece and lay it at the bottom to be our ground and so on. That is layers. We add many of these layers to make our final design. Of course with our tool the process is much more sophisticated but it is still the same principal.
You can show/hide layers via the visibility option (eyeball). Delete layers using the red circled X, even lock a layer with the padlock to avoid messing up that perfect element you spend so much time getting just right. Drag and drop a layer to move it above or behind another layer to come up with new looks. You have so many possibilities ahead, jump in and get creative.
You have more fonts than you can imagine at your disposal with our Design Editor. To use text in your design, just click on the Text tab and select from our pre-loaded text fonts or select a new font style you want to add.
To show more font styles, just press Load more! 1000+ Fonts will be available via the popup. Add any you'd like to use from the list.
Of course you have lots of text tools to choose from also, like the regular bold, italic, underline but also many advanced text manipulation tools to make your designs really pop. Try them all.
Clipart is great to use when creating a new design. We have built a large catalog of artwork for you to use if you'd like. Just click on the one you want to add it to the design area.
Like clipart, this tab allow customer reach to ideas they want to use via the search box and categories filter. But Shapes are vector format which helps design have smooth details when zoom or export to big size without mess up.
This tab, allows you upload your pictures, or get them from your social account or some image stocks such as Pixabay, Openclipart.
This tab is setting to prepare draw info. You can select a color, size of the bush.
This is the most important part of Lumise editor. It is preview and workspace for all layers you added.
To adjust layer, just use the mouse to click on them or select all of them via drag mouse.
With an image added into design area. There are some options for it. To enable options, just click on an image and see the top toolbar as below:
Do you want to make text with complex background from another image?
Yeah, it does that with Text Mask feature.
How to create text with mask background? View more
Image Filter Effects
As an application on the desktop, there are some menus included on Lumise.
New Design: Start new empty design for the current product.
Import Design: Import design from your local which you exported from Lumise
Clear all: Clear current design to empty
Save as file: current export content on design area to a file
Make a Copy: Duplicate your current design content on area to new design
Download: export your design to another format: SVG, JPG, PNG, JSON, PDF
This is management of all your designs on current PC
With each design, you can duplicate or focus edit and delete it.
To start new design just press New Design button
Just select a size or add your custom size to print or download result.
Some guide for you to use Lumise Design Editor easier.
They are useful featured on Lumise, you can track back to your works easier.
Firstly, we must understand what Product Base is.
Product Base looks like as a design template which used by many similar products from CMS can use to allow user edit or selling directly this product with a template design.
To manage Product Base, just go to Admin panel > Product Base then you can see some menu here.
Firstly, the list of all products added.
In this area, you can see the stages thumbnail of product, name, SKU and some filter options on the top as well.
You can customize the display of this screen’s contents in some ways.
Bulk Actions : You can also edit or remove multiple items at once. Select the items you want to act on using the checkboxes, then select the action you want to take from the Bulk Actions menu and click Action.
- Active : Show selected products on product list when assigning with CMS product.
- Deactive : Hide selected products on product list when assigning with CMS product.
- Delete : Remove selected products.
Add/Edit Product Base
To add a new item, just click on menu or button Add New Product Base. And select on of item in the list to edit that one.
You got screen bellow after that:
There are 3 tabs for each product:
- Details – Some details information for product
- Design – Config designs for each stage of product such as front, back, left, right
- Attributes – Config attributes of products to use for add to cart.
There are many fields to put into a product.
- Name : The name of product which displays on the list
- Price : The base price for products. The total product of product will depend on price base, attributes prices, printing method selected.
- CMS Product ID: The main product CMS which assigned to this product base. Each product base must have one main product CMS, but multi CMS product can be assigned to a product base.
- Description: Short description of this product.
- Categories: Select one or more categories which product base belong to. Helpful on sorting items
- Printing Techniques: Printing methods which can apply to this product base.
- Active: Enable/Disable clipart on front-end.
There are many options for a design of a product. The important is design area.
Lumise support drag and drop method for you can arrange area and size range as well.
- Allow Change Color
- No display product color: disable select product for product, it means product just have one color pre-selected
- Only choose from set of colors: User can change product colors, but they just can choose from set of colors
- Choose from a set of color and color picker: It’s mean there is not limited to color for this products. The user can select from a set of colors or put their own via color picker.
- Set Product Colors: Choose and add colors for product
- Configure Stages: Setup design area and design base for each stage.
Notice: The great feature on this tab is assign pre templates for stages of the product. It is helpful in case you want to sell directly product or just set default template to edit for users can start customizing.
Lumise support follows product attribute types:
- Size – the set of sizes attribute for a product. You can add any size you want
- Dropdown – a list of dropdown select items of attribute
- Text : The text box for user can set their notice when add to cart a product
- Upload: User can upload their notice via this type attribute
- Radio: Display list of option for one attribute on product
- Checkbox: Display list of options for multi-select values on an attribute.
Of course, each of them has price base and require once checkout as well.
After filling your content, just press the Save Product Base button to store data.
Checkout Lumise Documentation
You have to create methods for users select when purchasing a product.
To manage them, just go to Admin Panel > Printing Types
In this area, you can see the printing thumbnail, name, description and some filter options on the top as well.
Bulk Actions: You can also edit or remove multiple items at once. Select the items you want to act on using the checkboxes, then select the action you want to take from the Bulk Actions menu and click Action.
- Delete: Remove selected printing methods.
To add a new item, just click on menu or button Add New Printing. And select on of item in the list to edit that one.
You got screen bellow after that:
There are some fields to put into a method.
- Printing Title: The name of method which displays the list
- Printing thumbnail: Upload your own preview thumbnail for this method.
- Description: Some describe text for this method.
- Calculate Price: The config for price calculate a price for this method.
- Active: Enable/Disable shape on front-end.
After filling your content, just press the Save Printing button to store data.
Each method has own way to calculate the price. The Lumise provide some options to enable that.
Firstly, Lumise allows you select format to calculate price base on values on each stage or from all values of stages via option Allow setup price for each stages setting. When turning on it, you can see more stages option show on current option calculate.
We have some options calculate as:
- Base on a number of resources: Text, Clipart, Images, Uploaded Image…
- Base on number of colors: 1 Color, 2 Color or full color
- Base on size of print production: A1, A2,…A6
- Fixed price for each quantity
Of course, all options base on the quantity range which user want to orders.
For example, Their design has 2 colors and they order 7 products. And base price of product is $10
We have calculated price table as:
quantity / 2 colors
So price for product is: (price base + option price )*quantity + printing price = $10*7 + 0.7 = $70.7
option price : equal 0 in this case.
printing price : 0.7 because quanity in range of 5 and 10, So it take price of 10.
Checkout Lumise Documentation